evit nursing assistant
This course is for the student committed to a career in direct patientcare. Learning is achieved in the classroom, lab and clinical settings.The clinical portion of the class includes 48 hours in a long-term caresetting, usually completed in six weekend rotations.
At the end of the course, students are prepared to take the ArizonaBoard of Nursing Certified Nursing Assistant Examination. Visit https://www.azbn.gov for licensure information.
Note: This class and certification is a prerequisite for the Practical Nursing program.
- Go to Admissions page and complete the Nursing Assistant Application.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proof of immunizations
- CPR for Health Care Providers certification
- Social Security Card, Proof of Citizenship and Government Issued Photo ID
- Prior to clinical rotation, a drug test is required
Length of Program
170 clock hours including clinical (12 weeks)
Multiple starts through the school year
Typically, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Verify with an Enrollment Adviser for your particular schedule
Average Starting Salary Range
$11.46 to $15.97 per hour
*Pay may vary due to the shift worked, previous work experience and employer salary pay range
Scholarships and interest-free payment plans available