evit practical nursing
The purpose of the Practical Nursing Program is to prepare students to become Licensed Practical Nurses by providing a comprehensive course of study that combines theory with clinical practice.
The curriculum is designed to provide qualified individuals an opportunity to acquire the knowledge, attitude and skills that will enable them to become safe and competent practitioners of practical nursing.
The Practical Nursing program has a mission to provide competent, employable nurses that meet the health care needs of the community in a variety of settings.
- Go to Admissions page and complete the Practical Nursing Application.
- High School Diploma/GED or high school transcripts showing graduation status
- College transcripts (may be unofficial)
- Math and Biology proficiency (please see application packet)
- Certified Nursing Assistant documentation
- Results from TEAS standardized exam (score of 60 or better is preferred)
- Current valid Level One DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Notarized Felony Reporting Form
- Valid government issued photo ID (example: state-issued driver license)
- Proof of legal residence per AZBN requirements (see www.azbn.gov for a list of acceptable documents)
- Valid Social Security Card
- Note: Further health and safety documentation will be required to be eligible for clinical rotation
Arizona Board of Nursing #96-130
Length of Program
1380 clock hours; approximately 12 months in length
Schedule (may vary from course to course)
First class: Monday, Thursday, Friday
8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Verify with an admissions specialist for your particular schedule.
Average Starting Salary Range
$16.67 to $23.39 per hour
*Pay may vary due to the shift worked, previous work experience and employer salary range
Federal student aid, G.I. Bill, and tribal funding for eligible students, scholarships, and interest-free payment plans available
Contact Cathy Jagos at 480-461-4052 or firstname.lastname@example.org for enrollment questions.