evit sterile processing tech
Sterilization technicians are allied health professionals responsible for decontamination, inspection, assembly and sterilization of surgical instruments and surgical supply.
Sterile processing technicians work under close supervision of the operating room team in providing fully functional, sterilized and ready-to-use surgical equipment. They work closely with any other department in the health-care facility where there is a need for sterilized items that are used on a patient.
In today’s world of health care, a Sterile Processing Department must be filled with highly trained and skilled professionals who are familiar with all aspects of the job, surgical procedures
and infection control procedures and practices.
The sterile processing technician must possess
a great knowledge of surgical instruments, surgical supply, sterilization methods and sterile storage.
EVIT is proud to be one of the few educational institutions with a fully functional sterile processing
lab as well as all the necessary equipment that will help you acquire all of those skill sets and be ready to jump in to workforce in this exciting field.
Sign up today!
- Go to Admissions page and print out and complete Sterile Processing Application.
- High school/college transcript and copy of high school diploma or GED.
- Signed Statement of Understanding
- Immunization records
- Felony admission report, U.S. government issued ID and Social Security card
- Current CPR Certification card*
- Department of Public Safety Level I fingerprint card
*CPR card due prior to the beginning of clinical rotations (October)
Length of the Program
Total 600 hours
Tuesday through Thursday
4:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Clinical rotations are generally 8-hour shifts, full time from October through December. Verify with an Enrollment Advisor for your particular schedule.
*Schedule listed subject to change
Sterile Processing Technician Instructor
Ivan Jaksic, Lead Instructor
Sterile Processing Contact
Denise Kruckenberg, Health Director
Entry-Level Starting Salary Range
$12 to $17.50 per hour
*pay may vary due to the shift worked, previous work experience and employer salary pay range
Scholarships and interest-free payment plans available.